Lots of grumbling amongst MPs at the timetabling of the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Bill… We’re now on the penultimate day of the Committee of the whole House, and have only just got onto the boundary changes bits of the Bill. We’ll be sitting till 11pm tonight, and 9pm tomorrow but still doesn’t leave much time to debate all the amendments and new clauses which are being put forward. Just to give you a taster on what’s on the order paper, here are some of the amendments relating to the proposal to reduce the number of MPs. Equations, no less.
Before we even get onto it tomorrow we of course have the Comprehensive Spending Review, which will start at 12.30pm after PMQs and probably go on till about 2.30pm, depending on how long Osborne’s opening statement is.
Here’s the draw for PMQs: not, I’d imagine, what Cameron would have hoped for. Three of his awkward squad (Bone, Chope and PD) and some very effective Labour attack dogs. The Rev. William McCrea seems to get called every week, whether he’s on the Order Paper or not. Doubt if we’ll get down to Twiggy, but you never know.
- Mr Peter Bone (Wellingborough)
- Chi Onwurah (Newcastle Upon Tyne Central):
- Sandra Osborne (Ayr, Carrick and Cumnock):
- Lindsay Roy (Glenrothes):
- Mr Christopher Chope (Christchurch):
- Dr William McCrea (South Antrim):
- Michael Connarty (Linlithgow and East Falkirk):
- Mr Tom Watson (West Bromwich East):
- Philip Davies (Shipley):
- Mr David Anderson (Blaydon):
- Mr David Evennett (Bexleyheath and Crayford):
- Mrs Jenny Chapman (Darlington):
- Nick Boles (Grantham and Stamford):
- Annette Brooke (Mid Dorset and North Poole):
- Stephen Twigg (Liverpool, West Derby):